When you are feeling bombarded by noise about ‘scary technology’ and a futuristic Agent Rosie (her career has advanced since The Jetsons), consider these take-aways from an article by Brad Inman, Why real estate agents will be in business forever.
- You are a vital part of your community’s tapestry.
- You are right in the local scene, walk in the neighborhood you serve, and provide an essential community service.
- The work you do is purposeful. You help people buy homes. You help create communities.
- You often get close to your clients, occasionally even becoming friends for life.
- While you are technically not a lawyer, accountant or therapist, real estate transactions are often packed with legal, financial and emotional challenges. You’re there for your clients on all three fronts.
- Don’t limit your opportunities by singularly focusing on the dollar. Position your business as a service enterprise. Become a community leader.
- Focus on the people in the community you are ready to serve at any time.
- You help clients in ways that a robot never could.